Sunday, April 5, 2009

In Bangalore

Am in Bangalore for about 3 to 4 weeks on company work... This is my first visit to Bangalore. Came here on the 25th March.

Landed at the Bangalore airport at around 10:30 pm. Wow!! What an airport (and by that I mean an airport in India). Simply World Class!! The Air India bus that took us from the tarmac to the airport building was brand new with great seats and was air-conditioned. The cleanliness, the design of the airport is fabulous. The signs are all well placed. My baggage arrived in less than 5 minutes. The main lobby at the entrance is huge befitting an international airport.

As I step out, the weather is cool and calm, there is no honking anywhere. I wait in line at the taxi stand and hop into a cool Meru cab. The cabbie is a a friendly guy who chats with me about Bangalore city. Arrive at my apartment and it's so damn late and I have to to be at the IBM training center tomorrow at 8:30 am... so off I go to sleep..my first night in the cool Bangalore city.

No comments: