Saturday, March 7, 2009

Kenneth Mugara - make way...

Oops!! Almost forgot - I guess I have earned the "bragging rights" for this though - took part in my first of the many Mumbai Marathons. Will certainly participate in all future MM as long as I am here at that time.

Almost missed this one though. Didn't know that the registration for the Marathon closes in the August of the previous year. Thanks to my friend Vidya at Mphasis who "squeezed me in" (to borrow an American phrase) at the last moment!!

Awesome! the energy, the excitement, the exuberance of the participants, the colors, the banners, the nice cool weather of the early January morning, the run past Marine Drive, the cheering of the onlookers, the photo sessions, the music - everything made it an absolutely fantastic and memorable event.

"I'm pretty tired... I think I'll go home now" - Forrest Gump

No comments: